It's only Tuesday and I've encountered 2 racist incidents ALREADY.
Monday morning:
I was standing at the corner waiting for the lights to go green and this fat, horridly-dressed woman (I so cannot bring myself to say 'lady') stared at me before pressing the pedestrian button thing. Then for some odd reason she kept looking back in my direction, more over my left shoulder than anything.
And suddenly, she was like, "Fuck you bitch." I was stuned, to say the very least. At first I wasn't sure if she was talking to me but there wasn't anyone else around. She said it the 2nd time. So I yelled, "Well, FUCK you right back!" and walked quickly ahead before I got beaten up. Apparently not quickly enough to miss her calling me a stupid slut.Ans that was the end of that.
This evening:
Some guy at the supermarket line starting talking to no one in particular.
"What country are we in? (I thought he was talking to his girlfriend or something. I feel like I'm in China."
(Then he turned to me.)
"Are you from China?"
"No, America."
"Oh, I was just there last month."
"That's nice."
"You don't have an American accent..."
"I don't?"
"Oh yes, you do. Which part of the states were you from?"
*a lot more idle talk*
"It feels like I'm in another country! Don't get me wrong or anything, I'm not racist. I just haven't been to Carlton in a while."
*I pay and leave*What. The. Fuck.
10:59 PM